פתיחת תפריט הנגישות  

Herzliya - Identity Card

Herzliya Municipality
Mayor: Moshe Fadlon
Established: 1924
District: Tel Aviv
Population: 87,200
Area of Jurisdiction: 21,585 dunams (5,334 acres)
General
In 1924 seven Zionist pioneers, who had immigrated from the United States, climbed up a desolate hill and erected the first shack of the fledgling moshava (colony) called Herzliya, after Benjamin Ze’ev (Theodor) Herzl, the visionary of the Jewish state.
In 1925 the early pioneers were joined by a group of experienced agriculturists from established colonies. They began working the land and brought about local prosperity. Herzilya was declared a city in 1960.
The city has a well-tended 7 km-long coastline with golden, sandy soil, the largest marina in Israel – lined by a glittering, prestigious commercial and leisure area, and a green lung in the center of the city, called Herzliya Park, stretching over 700 dunams (173 acres).
Sister Cities:
Marl, Germany; Hollywood, Florida, USA; San Bernardino, California, USA; Toulon, France; Alicante, Spain; Funchal, Madeira, Portugal; Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine; Columbus, Ohio, USA; San Isidro, Peru; Bansk? Bystrica, Slovakia; Leipzig, Germany.